We’ve created a bespoke version of the Mastertek Job Evaluation and Sizing system (M-JES) specifically for NSW Local Government offering the following design features:
Job Evaluation and
The Mastertek Job Evaluation and Sizing system (M-JES) has been developed to provide a contemporary, effective job evaluation solution for today’s organisations.
Job Evaluation in NSW Local Government
- Directly aligned to the Local Government (State) Award Bands & Levels
- Adds granularity to the Award descriptors rather than replacing them to ensure compliance and reduce causes of disputes arising from use of the LG or other methodologies
- References the principles and scoring model agreed in developing the Local Government Job Evaluation Methodology to facilitate ease of adoption
Relevant and Contemporary
- Based on our intutive 3-Step decision tree model ensuring evaluators are presented with only the most relevant information at each stage of the process
- Eliminates reliance on quantitative measures and skills descriptors that rapidly lose relevance
- Designed to reference contemporary organisation structures and job design creating a more practical and relevant evaluation experience
Intuitive. Streamlined. Effective.
Based on global best practice and contemporary job evaluation design, M-JES guides evaluators through an intuitive 3-Step decision-making process, as summarised below, covering a total of 10 decisions to complete a full evaluation. Subject to the availability and quality of information you have on hand an evaluation should take no more than 20 to 30 minutes.
M-JES evaluations are based on a number of intuitive ‘Function Groups’ which describe the general nature of a group of roles and correspond to a specific Band or Bands set out in the Award.
- Corporate Support
- Customer Service
- Professional Roles
- Project Management
- Leadership Roles
Within each Function Group are a series of specific Functions that describe jobs in more detail based on several key factors used in job evaluation and sizing, including:
- Relevant skills
- Required qualifications
- Indicative experience
- Primary purpose
- General accountabilities
Our Functions establish the basis for more detailed job evaluation through the use of bespoke Factor Plans tailored to each role type.
Bespoke Factor Plans offer evaluators role-relevant choices across 9 factors, used globally, that enable consistent and objective comparison of role size within an organisation:
- Internal and External Impact
- Customer Service